[Wien] Re: [WIEN]: error in lapw1

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jun 17 16:00:41 CEST 2003

> I got the error  running SCF  in  lapw1 for TiC example.
>
> 'INILPW' - can't open unit: 18
>  'INILPW' -        filename: TiC.vsp
>  'INILPW' -          status: old          form: formatted
>  'LAPW1' - INILPW aborted unsuccessfully.
>

> I saw that the same mistake has been reported yesterday  for
> Yaron and Angelica.
> Does somebody know how to cure this problem?

Isn't this the typical error when you have *initialized* a nonmagnetic case,
but try to *run* a spinpolarized case instead? Or when you have mixed
nonmagnetic and spinpolarized cases in the same directory. Try again in a
clean directory, and make sure you use consistently (non)spinpolarized
commands. (not sure whether this will cure your problem)

Stefaan