[Wien] MPI compile error on SGI

Jones, Wesley Wesley_Jones at nrel.gov
Mon Jun 30 17:41:00 CEST 2003

The fact that you can't find crt1.o and crtn.o by default with the
compiler is only a symptom that you are doing something wrong.  You
should not be copying these files around the computer.

On the SGI you need to compile and link against libraries that are
either built with the default (-n32) option for the compiler or
are built with the -64 (for 64 bit pointers) option for the compiler.

So when you compiler scalapack and blacs you need to compiler with
the -64 option.

WEs