[Wien] about the nitrogen 2p states

Lukasz Plucinski pluto at buphy.bu.edu
Sat Nov 8 03:10:58 CET 2003

Dear WIEN2k Users,

I think this discussion is not very nice.

The truth is that the WIEN mailing list is something really magnificent.
Almost every question is answered by experts.

The bad thing is that many people do not treat these experts seriously -
they ask trivial questions and/or do not explain their problem in detail,
expecting that expert will complete the puzzle anyway.

I think that if somebody is preparing a scientific paper using WIEN she/he
should be able to do it her/himself. At the end none of the experts from
this mailing list are on the authors list !

I guess that even if the asked question is not answered there is no reason
to be angry. Its rather something special if the question is answered and
it must be appreciated that expert sacrifices his time to answer.

Thus in general I agree with the Stefaan's point of view although the
whole discussion was really not nice... maybe such things not related to
physics should be filtered in future.

Regards,

Lukasz