[Wien] about the nitrogen 2p states

Yushan Wang wys at UDel.Edu
Fri Nov 7 20:41:09 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Stefaan Cottenier wrote:

> > I do not think so!!
> > it is just because I did not get the answer which made me feel
> > reasonable.
>
> Good, but then you should at least point out in detail *why* you think
> these answers were not reasonable.
if you had some experience in the field I proposed, does it need I tell:
what is  what ? and what is what?; if you are not familar with what I
said, you'd like to spend your own one minute to think over it
volunteerly?

 Maybe we misunderstand your
> question. If you tell why the answers were not reasonable for you, we
> might better understand your real problem. What you did was just
> posting the same question again.
>

> > what is the purpose of this mailing list? do not
> > believe everyone is an expert.
>
> That is not serious. You will find an enormeous amount of mails on
> this list that precisely do this: explaining items related to wien2k
> for people that are not yet experts.
>
> > in addition, I think it is a little crude that
> > someone posed a email today not to let a new user to get some
> > information (about the FeSi2) from you or other users.
>
> Nevertheless, I am convinced that the reaction of Torsten was
> completely justified. Look at it from the point of view of the users
> that mostly *answer* questions instead of raising questions: these
> users do not get immediate 'profit' from the list (that profit is for
> the people that receive answers to their questions...), although they
> spend a considerable amount of time every day reading all questions
> and answering some of them. It gives a bad feeling if you see that
> some people use the list as the *first* resource for help, without
> having tried seriously to solve their problem by their own effort.

Tell all the users: who is that poor guy?

 And
> it certainly is not the purpose of this list to solve physics
> questions that are not related to wien2k or DFT: our mailboxes are
> already more than full enough!
>
> Stefaan

I wll not reply even though you have a severe answer.
because this is not related to wien2k. but my  previous question
was although you did not understand it.

yushan wang