[Wien] about the nitrogen 2p states

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Nov 7 19:51:56 CET 2003

> I do not think so!!
> it is just because I did not get the answer which made me feel
> reasonable.

Good, but then you should at least point out in detail *why* you think
these answers were not reasonable. Maybe we misunderstand your
question. If you tell why the answers were not reasonable for you, we
might better understand your real problem. What you did was just
posting the same question again.

> what is the purpose of this mailing list? do not
> believe everyone is an expert.

That is not serious. You will find an enormeous amount of mails on
this list that precisely do this: explaining items related to wien2k
for people that are not yet experts.

> in addition, I think it is a little crude that
> someone posed a email today not to let a new user to get some
> information (about the FeSi2) from you or other users.

Nevertheless, I am convinced that the reaction of Torsten was
completely justified. Look at it from the point of view of the users
that mostly *answer* questions instead of raising questions: these
users do not get immediate 'profit' from the list (that profit is for
the people that receive answers to their questions...), although they
spend a considerable amount of time every day reading all questions
and answering some of them. It gives a bad feeling if you see that
some people use the list as the *first* resource for help, without
having tried seriously to solve their problem by their own effort. And
it certainly is not the purpose of this list to solve physics
questions that are not related to wien2k or DFT: our mailboxes are
already more than full enough!

Stefaan