[Wien] mpi and k-point para runs

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Mon Nov 10 09:55:28 CET 2003

We are buying a number of linux boxes connected using Gigalan network cards

As far as I remember from the workshop this is not sufficient to run mpi
in lapw1 (not an issue since we run more than 1 k point anyway). I seem to
remember that Peter said this was enough to run mpi for lapw0 though. Was
wondering if dstart can also be run in parallel since for our large
structure this part takes rather a long time. Also the final lapw2 takes
about 1 hour for this system and was wondering if this can be run in mpi
with the above configuration.

Thanks for your time

Michael