[Wien] Secure conection and w2web plotting

Pablo de la Mora pm at fciencias.unam.mx
Wed Nov 12 01:31:26 CET 2003

buero at luitz.at wrote:

>>I want to use the w2web in an encrypted form, I have set the
>>keyfile=... line in the w2web.conf. My question is what else I have to do?
>>

>You must also add a line to w2web.conf
>
>ssl=1
>
>and then restart w2web. That should be all that's needed. Yes, and the
>keyfile must contain a proper key ,-) You can use the supplied w2web.pem
>key.

Dear  Joachim,
   Thank for your reply, I did not answer earlier since I was busy did
not have perl-library Net::SSLeay and OpenSSL installed, now they are
supposed to be working correctly.

    After putting the line
ssl=1
the navigator did not respond, that is, it did not ask for my login or
password. If I remove this line then I can work again.
    What else I have to do?

I have a cluster and for the moment I have not opened it for working
with the navigator from outside the cluster. From inside the main
machine is called 'cabeza' and the others 'nodo1'..., and the IP
addresses are local:
---------------
[root at cabeza sysconfig]# more /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=cabeza
GATEWAY=192.168.20.254
[root at cabeza sysconfig]#

>Best regards to Mexico!

Have you been here? If you come again please let me know and I'll invite
you a good mole or pozole.

    Saludos

            Pablo