[Wien] Secure conection and w2web plotting

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Wed Nov 12 08:35:53 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Pablo de la Mora wrote:

> not have perl-library Net::SSLeay and OpenSSL installed, now they are
> supposed to be working correctly.
>
>     After putting the line
> ssl=1
> the navigator did not respond, that is, it did not ask for my login or
> password. If I remove this line then I can work again.
>     What else I have to do?

When accessing w2web in ssl-mode you must specify the address your browser
as

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:YYYY

where xxx is your ip-address and YYYY your w2web port as specified in the
w2web.conf

> you a good mole or pozole.

:-) I'll think of if should I happen to "drop by" in Mexico

Servus
  Joachim

(  luitz.at - Interfacing Art, Science and Technology       )
(  Büro für Informationstechnologie                         \
 ) und Technisches Büro für Technische Chemie                )
(  Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG         Tel: 022  31 61254  (
 ) Wohlmuthgasse 18                          0676 31 61254   )
(  A-3003 Gablitz                       Fax: 022  31 67443  (
 \ http://www.luitz.at                      buero at luitz.at   )