[Wien] lovely and timely piece for meditation

John Tatini Titantah jtitanta at ruca.ua.ac.be
Sat Nov 15 13:01:12 CET 2003

Dear wien users could you take off some few seconds and read this piece!

When ever we are lost, what do we look forward to as a familiar "landmark"
that can lead us back home?

Author Anne Lamott tells about a 7-year-old girl who got lost in a big
city. The girl frantically ran up and down several streets, looking for a
familiar landmark. A policeman saw the girl, realized something was wrong,
and offered to help. So she got in the car and he slowly drove through
nearby neighborhoods. Suddenly the girl pointed to a church and asked the
policeman to let her out. She assured him, "This is my church, and I can
always find my way home from here."

Many people think the church is an archaic institution, no longer relevant
in our modern world. Yet I am convinced that a church that faithfully
teaches the Bible and proclaims the good news of salvation through Christ
provides exactly what we all need to "find our way home."

When our churches are fulfilling their God-given function, believers
humbly serve and care for one another, encouraging each other to follow
Christ's example (Philippians 2:1-11). Those groups of believers, by their
words and lives, also point a lost world to Jesus. They serve "as lights
in the world, holding fast the word of life" (vv.15-16).

A church that teaches the truth about Christ is not only relevant but
desperately needed in our world. It can help people of all ages to find
their way home. -Vernon Grounds

Christ builds His church and makes it strong
By using you and me;
And if we all will do our part,
The world His love will see. -Sper

A church helps the lost to find their way home when its light shines
brightly.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Dr. Titantah John Tatini
Theoretical Study of Matter