[Wien] k-parallelization IV

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Wed Nov 26 15:35:40 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Bertoni Giovanni wrote:

> Ok, now I have the permission; thanks Torsten...
> lapw1para is executed.
> the error is in the remote login, I think

please try from the commandline of your terminal window

rsh localhost

if this does not work try

ssh localhost

if the latter works the change in lapw?para the line
set remote      = "rsh"

set remote = "ssh"

If that also does not work.... can you ssh to your machine at all ?
For k-space parallel it is _required_ that either ssh or rsh works without
giving a password.

If not, find a sysadmin to configure that for your.

Best
  Joachim

(  luitz.at - Interfacing Art, Science and Technology       )
(  Büro für Informationstechnologie                         \
 ) und Technisches Büro für Technische Chemie                )
(  Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG         Tel: 022  31 61254  (
 ) Wohlmuthgasse 18                          0676 31 61254   )
(  A-3003 Gablitz                       Fax: 022  31 67443  (
 \ http://www.luitz.at                      buero at luitz.at   )