[Wien] compilation with ifc 7.1 and -static option

Nicola Pinna wien2k at pinna.cx
Fri Nov 28 12:59:24 CET 2003

Dear Peter Blaha,
thanks a lot for your hint on how to specify library path without root
permissions.
Now by using linux ifc 7.1 library I can exectute without error the linux
compiled code on freebsd.
I am now running the benchmark in 308 s that is much better!!
I will try the goto library and I will tell you the new benchmark time soon.

Nicola Pinna

<quote who="Peter Blaha">

> > I had the same problem as Pio Bättig to compile wien with ifc 7.1
> > and mkl 6.1. so I had to recompile without -static option.
> > http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2003-October/001043.html
> >
> > The problen is that I need to use this option because I need to
> > transfer the compiled code from my personal linux computer to our
> > workstation running freebsd.
> > The guys of the informatics were unable to install the mkl libraries on
> > freebsd and they dont want to install linux on our workstation. ;(
> > So, now I am running the benchmark at 533.7 s on a new dual xeon 3GHz
> > computer ;( and at 380 s with my personal computer at 300 euro ;)
>
> You don't need root access to install those libraries. Install them
> yourself in your home-directory and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your .cshrc file
>
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/:/homer/pblaha/WIEN2k_03/SRC_lib
>
> Consider the   goto library, it might be even faster than mkl!
>

>                                       P.Blaha
> Phone: +43-1-58801-15671             FAX: +43-1-58801-15698
> Email: blaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at    WWW: http://info.tuwien.ac.at/theochem/

Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces
Colloid Department
14424 Potsdam (Germany)

Phone:               ++49-331-567-9515
Fax:                 ++49-331-567-9502