[Wien] Re: ifc and redhat 9

David Pankhurst david.pankhurst at materials.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 19:32:37 CEST 2003

Dear Loic,

You get everything from the wien2k FAQ:

http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/faq/redhat90.html

BUT: I found out recently that you only get access to _recent_ updates
from intel if you register for "Premier Support".  There will be a link in
the email you were sent from Intel when you registered the compiler.  I
think its free for a year.  A colleague informed me that the latest
version (034, I think, compared to 008 which you get from the regular
intel site) has a number of major bug fixes.  Seems like the "type"
problem is ironed out now, along with some pretty catastrophic bugs
affecting pointer handling, whereas the static libraries problem remains.
This means you should be able to compile without needing to hack ifc.cfg
any more but still have to omit the -static option.

best regards,

	Dave Pankhurst