[Wien] LDA+U & External Field

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Sun Oct 12 09:26:27 CEST 2003

Dear Sherif Yehia,

present WIEN2k implementation does not allow to run LDA+U and external
magnetic field simultaneously. You can circumvent the problem, however, if
you run orb two times - once for LDA+U, once for external field and then
use external field potentials in lapw0 and LDA+U potentials in lapwso. I
never tried that but it should work. An example of the UNIX script, you can
use to this end is attached. Note, however, that unlike in w2web I mix the
orbital potentials, not the density matrices (the script will be a bit
more simple if density matrices are mixed).

Regards
Pavel Novak