[Wien] LDA+U & External Field

Sherif Yehia wien542002 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 16:49:56 CEST 2003

Dear Prof.Novak

   Thank you very much for sending that wonderful and
genius  script
 I started as you advice before
1-SCF using GGA calculation
2-x symmetso
3-x kgen
4-run your Unix script jcontso
5-runsp_lapw -so
6-runsp_lapw -orb -so
all the above were done with the following smco5.inorb
  1  1  0                     nmod, natorb, ipr
BROYD  0.0                    BROYD/PRATT, mixing
  1 1 3                          iatom nlorb, lorb
  1                              nsic 0..AFM, 1..SIC,
2..HFM
   0.39 0.05                      U J (Ry)

later for mixing Bext calculations
I ran vorb and used the following smco5.inorb
before using your Bext script

3  1  0                     nmod, natorb, ipr
PRATT  1.0                    BROYD/PRATT, mixing
1 1 3                          iatom nlorb, lorb
4.                             Bext in T
0. 0. 1.                    Direction Bext in the
lattice vector

it gave no error but looking at the script
it needs these six files
1-vorbup_ext
2-vorbdn_ext
3-vorbup_U
4-vorbdn_ext
5-inorb_ext
6-inorb_U
 which I didn't get after running vorb up/dn in my
working directory  although it says the following in
case.outputorbup/dn
 calculation of orbital potential for spin block: up
 Type of potential:            Interaction with Bext
 Vorb applied to atom   1 orbit. numbers   3
  end of OP input
        Bext=   4.00000 T; muB*Bext= 0.17018E-04 Ry

   Could you help me please and point my mistake with
the input for Bext.
   I still with all the missing files tried to run
Bext
script. It develop four of the above missing  files
(1-4) I noticed that all have the same data and no
change if I ran it for say n cycle

  Till I hear you kindly advice and comments

Thanks very much for help ,support and your concern

my  best wishes and regards

Sherif Yehia