[Wien] LDA+U & External Field

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Wed Oct 22 12:43:58 CEST 2003

Dear colleague,

in order to get the two input files for orb, you have to create them
separatelly and then, before running orb, copy corresponding file to
case.inorb:

cp inorb_ex smco5.inorb
x orb -up
cp smco5.vorbup vorbup_ex
cp inorb_U smco5.inorb
x orb -up
cp smco5.vorbup vorbup_U

and the same repeat for -dn.

I realized, however, that this is still not enough - before running
x lapwso -up -orb

it is necessary to sum vorbup_ex and vorbup_U (similarly dn) and copy the
sum to smco5.vorbup. To this end a simple program is to be written. I am
interested, so let me know more about your project and I could then do it.

Regards Pavel Novak