[Wien] Right Track

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 20 10:40:24 CEST 2004

> I inceased the NPT and NPT00 according to an advise from the maling list that
> when you have H atom, and also because the warning in the file *.outputst due
> to lstart.

I can't remember this discussion, but PLEASE, DO NOT change NPT and NPT00 to
these large values. The defaults should be large enough (ignore the warnings in
*outputst)

You said you have C and H in the structure. What is RMT of H ?  It is
probably small (lt. 0.7 bohr ?) so you should reduce RKMAX to 3-4.

GMAX should be large (20).

How many k-points are you using ? Probably this is an isolated molecule or
a molecular crystal and does NOT require many k-points. Maybe ONE is enough!

Regards