[Wien] Nd2Fe14B

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Aug 12 11:30:15 CEST 2004

> My question now are there is a way to reduce the
> processing time ( it takes about 20 days  to do 20
> iterations as it is for 600 k).

The usual recommendations apply:

* Make sure you have mkl or ATLAS libraries on your pc, to maximize
processing speed (see the benchmark page
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/benchmark/ to estimate whether you are
running at optimal speed on your system)

* Choose a model compound that is as simple as possible and
simultaneously as similar as possible to the compound you want to
study. Test basis set size and k-mesh on this simple one, to be sure
that you will do your actual calculations with the smallest basis
set/k-mesh that give your accurate results.

These are suggestions that are not specific to your problem, but big
cells need long calculation times, there is no way around that...

Stefaan