[Wien] case.dmatup and case.dmatdn do not adapt for U+SO calcculation

Hongming Weng whoming at sohu.com
Tue Dec 7 03:47:37 CET 2004

Dear WIEN2k Developers and Users,

      I find that after save_lapw my GGA+U calculation and
initso_lapw for GGA+U+SO calculation, the non-equivalant atoms
would increase from 17 to 19, so the 3d atom on which the U is
added now labbled as 19, not 17 as that in the former GGA+U
calculation. And I noticed that case.clmsum and case.clmup(dn)
was adapted to have 19 ATOM NUMBER, but the case.dmatup(dn) file
is not adapted and looks like "17 atom density matrix" though in
the case.inorb it is changed from "17 1 2" to "19 1 2". This would
cause error in "x orb -up/dn" calculation reporting the message as
 "Conflict in atom indexes: iatom           19 ne jatom           17"
in the case.outputorbup(dn).
       So would it be OK if I change "17 atom density matrix" to
"19 atom density matrix" manually?
       Thank you!

Yours,
Hongming Weng