[Wien] Elastic constants for hexagonal / orthorhombic systems

krutibas panda krutibas at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:53:36 CET 2004

Dear Wien2k users,

Two of my compounds are of different crystal structure, Hexagonal and
Orhtorhombic. I am trying to measure the elastic constants. But wien2k has
provisions for only calculating the elastic constants for cubic crystals.

I am just wondering if you know how to find out the elastic constants for
hexagonal or orthorhombic crystals.

Please help me. I tried to find out publications which have calculated the
elastic constants for these systems but couldn't find 'em.

I would appreciate any help from you.

regards
krutibas
Garduate Student