[Wien] address error

Federico A. Rabuffetti maurirab at chasque.apc.org
Fri Jan 9 04:49:25 CET 2004

Dear WIEN2K users:

   My system is an ATHLON XP 2800+ / 768 MB RAM / SUSE 8.2 / IFC 7.1. I have compiled the ATLAS-BLAS libraries and then, I compiled WIEN2K successfully (NMATMAX = 5000). However, I am having the following troubles with LAPW0 and LAPW1:
1.- When I execute LAPW0, I get the following error message: "** Address error ** End of diagnostics ". LAPW0 was compiled with the following options: -FR -mp -w -O3 and environment variables as stacksize, datasize, etc were all set to 'unlimited'. I have also tried to compile it with the option -O0, but the problem still remains.
2.- When I execute LAPW1 for one of the examples coming with WIEN2K, I get the following message: "** FPE signal ** End of diagnostics". LAPW1 was compiled with the following options:
    FOPT = -FR -mp -w -O3
    LDFLAGS = -L../SRC_lib  -L/ATLAS/lib/Linux_ATHLONSSE1
    R_LIBS = -llapack_lapw -lf77blas -latlas -lguide -lpthread
As far as I know, FPE is floating point error but, where does it come from?

    Could you please help me out? Thank you in advance!

    Federico

Federico A. Rabuffetti

Department of Chemical-Physics and Mathematics

Faculty of Chemistry - Universidad de la República
Avenida Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
Montevideo 11800
Uruguay

Tel.    598-2-929-0705