[Wien] The "segmentation fault" in LAPW2

Yang, Jinbo jinbo at umr.edu
Thu Jan 8 16:13:46 CET 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: wien-admin at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
[mailto:wien-admin at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at]On Behalf Of
danata at kinetic.ac.donetsk.ua
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:09 AM
To: wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Subject: [Wien] The "segmentation fault" in LAPW2

Dear Peter Blaha and all Wien2k users,

I'm calculating the optical properties of the periodic 2-dimentional
multilayered magnetic structures, such as [Ni(1ML)/Cu(1ML)]_{x} , x is the
number of the periods.

I use the supercell approach to simulate the 2-D structure with 10-12
vacuum layeres in z- direction. I converge the scf with the charge
convergence criteria

 runsp_lapw -i 80 -cc 0.0001 -so

, increasing the k-point number in
case.klist to get the k-point convergence.

 The problem is that at some stage, after the successfully converged scf
with k-list, generated for 300 k-points in the hole BZ (ndiv=(14 14
1))
the further increase of k-point number leads to the "segmentation fault"
in LAPW2 -up.

For example, this problem  appeares for the structure
[Ni(1ML)/Cu(1ML)]_{3} for the k-list with 580 k-points in BZ, ndiv=(16 16
1), while the case of [Ni(1ML)/Cu(1ML)]_{2} was converged up to 2000
k-points in BZ, ndiv= (25 25 3) without any troubles.

I would be very much obliged to you if you could help me to avoid this
problem.

Please, find the files "case.struct" and "case.dayfile"  for
[Ni(1ML)/Cu(1ML)]_{3} in the attachment.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Nataliya Dadoenkova.