[Wien] lapw2.error in big system

sywang sywang at mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
Sat Jan 10 00:33:41 CET 2004

Hi, Geng Cuiyu,

        I think you may be failed in re-compiling the code by using WIEN
maintaining tool (an unix script).

        Please try the following steps, which are inconvenient but safe!

(1) first you check which parts of WIEN (lapw1, lapw2,... ) resolve the parameters
like NMATMAX. This can be done by the WIEN maintaining tool easily: if you change
the parameters, it will report to you on screen which parts of WIEN need
recompiled. I remember there should be many parts, listed by two columns like
this:

       lapw1        lapw2
       ......       .......
       ......       ........

(2) Go to each DIRECTORY of these listed parts of WIEN, to remove BY HAND all the
*.o files instead of using "make clean" in the directory.

(3) Use the WIEN maintaining tool again to compile WIEN entirely.

    Such problem happened on Origin2k:  after I used WIEN maintaining tool to
enlarged NUME etc. and recompiled the code, I found the exe files of lapw1 etc.
did not be copied to the main directory of WIEN, and the *.o files should be
rebuilded in the corresponding subdirectory were not refreshed. But after I
deleted these old *.o files and used WIEN maintaining tool to re-compile the code,
the exe and *.o files refreshed and all OK.

    This problem maybe attributes to the setup of our operating system.

Hope this helpful.

Yours,

Shanying Wang