[Wien] Using Monkhorst mesh for SCF

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Thu Jul 1 17:43:16 CEST 2004

x_lapw learns that the kgen-file is marked as 'old' (i.e., required) for joint (part of the optics package), tetra (for density of states) and nlo_tet (??).  It is marked as 'unknown' (i.e., optional) for lapw2 (valence charge) and lapwdm (density matrix).  So Georg is right : if you don't need DOS or optics, and select another BZ method in case.in2, then you can do without.
Should you require one ... I'm afraid the case.kgen-file is a bit of a mystery to me.  If you really need one, I'll try to help you.

Kevin.
PS the old and unknown refer to the file status flags used for opening files in fortran programs, and written in the definition files.