[Wien] Using Monkhorst mesh for SCF

Nandan Tandon nandan at physics.unipune.ernet.in
Fri Jul 2 09:05:53 CEST 2004

Please correct me wherever i am wrong, but i understand the following from
the mails.

The scf cycle can be run on the user defined k-mesh in .klist file with
Gauss/Temp/Root option in .in2 file. For the DOS i can generate a k-mesh
using kgen and then run lapw1 and lapw2 with TETRA option and then
tetra. This should give a correct DOS for the system.

Nandan.

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Jorissen Kevin wrote:

> x_lapw learns that the kgen-file is marked as 'old' (i.e., required) for joint (part of the optics package), tetra (for density of states) and nlo_tet (??).  It is marked as 'unknown' (i.e., optional) for lapw2 (valence charge) and lapwdm (density matrix).  So Georg is right : if you don't need DOS or optics, and select another BZ method in case.in2, then you can do without.
> Should you require one ... I'm afraid the case.kgen-file is a bit of a mystery to me.  If you really need one, I'll try to help you.
>
> Kevin.
> PS the old and unknown refer to the file status flags used for opening files in fortran programs, and written in the definition files.

Nandan Tandon
Research Student
Department of Physics,
University of Pune
Pune-411007                             Tel.(O)5692678 ext 426
MAHARASHTRA, INDIA.