[Wien] segmentation fault error for beta-cristobalite

Sam Leitch sam.l at usask.ca
Thu Jul 15 18:11:33 CEST 2004

If I remember correctly, you said you were using IFC 9.0. I had
basically the same problem after compiling with IFC 8.0.

It seems those compilers have a problem creating very large arrays.
Instead of throwing an "Out of Memory" error or creating an array for
that matter, they give a Segmentation Fault.

I fixed the problem by compiling everything using IFC7.1

--
Sam Leitch