[Wien] about the near edge x-ray absorption spectrum

Vera Zhuang GVZhuang at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 30 18:06:57 CEST 2004

Well, think about basic  physics. The energy seperation of top of the
occupied density of states and the bottom of the unoccupied density of
states is band gap. The former could be extracted from X-ray emission
and the later fron X-ray  absorption.  We do  this all  the time  at
Advanced  Light  Source  in  Berkeley!