[Wien] surface calculations

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Jun 1 09:56:27 CEST 2004

Dear Mr. Thapa,

it has been discussed quite a few times on the list... but roughly, you
should just use kgen to generate the k-mesh, and usually a k-mesh with
(X X 1), where X is any odd number, is considered good for a surface.

You have to do a congergence on the k-mesh, of course, and another one
on the number of layers in your slab. An "experimental" metal "surface",
for example, is considered to be about 20-40 monolayers...

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.