[Wien] ifort (ifc) 8.0 and mkl6.1

Renate Dohmen INF dohmen at rzg.mpg.de
Mon Jun 14 13:21:17 CEST 2004

Dear Veerle Vanhoof,

> As suggested in previous mails in the mailinglist and by Intel I tried
> compiling with "limit stacksize unlimited" and

The stacksize need not be unlimited when compiling, but it must be when
running the program. As the limits are shell properties, you should
apply the command "limit stacksize unlimited" in that shell where you
start the program. In case of a parallel MPI program you should
add the command e.g. to your .tcshrc so that all parallel jobs
started automatically by mpirun in their individual shells are aware
of the large stacksize.

Best wishes
Renate Dohmen

Dr. Renate Dohmen