[Wien] Bandstructure of LSDA+U+SO

Hongming Weng whoming at sohu.com
Tue Jun 22 04:22:16 CEST 2004

Dear WIEN2k users and developers,
         Would you please tell me how to calculate the bandstructure in the
case LSDA+U+SO?
In the case of LSDA+SO, I do it in the following sequence:
           x lapw1 -band -c -up -p
           x lapw1 -band -c -dn -p
           x lapwso -up -c -p -band
           x spaghetti -so -p
I got the correct result.
In the case of LSDA+U+SO, I do like this(After convergency of runsp_lapw
-orb -so -p):
           x lapw1 -band -c -up -p
           x lapw1 -band -c -dn -p
           x lapwso -up -c -orb -p -band
           x spaghetti -so -p
But it seems that the bandstructure reflects no U effect though the total
DOS shows gap around
Fermi level.

         Thank you!
Yours,