[Wien] K-point split for Scyld Beowulf cluster with diskless node

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Mar 27 19:36:27 CET 2004

> Is there anybody know how to run Wien2K on a Scyld Beowulf cluster
> with diskless nodes? I would like run k-point split parallel script
> and run lapw1(c) for k-point to different diskless node.

I expect this should be possible in the same way as on any other
cluster type, nothing special. But it will probably run slower (how
much?) than on a cluster with local disks, as your large temporary
files will have to be written on the central disk, causing lots of
network traffic (however, such a cluster will probably have a fast
network).

Stefaan