[Wien] performance problem using ifort + Goto's lib

Sun Yiyang scip0105 at nus.edu.sg
Wed Mar 31 03:20:55 CEST 2004

Since the hardware is almost the same (P4C with 800FSB and 512M L2 Cache,
DDR400 Dual-ch RAM, Intel 865 Chipset), I would expect the performance difference
is on the software side.

One point mentioned by Jose may make sense, that is the hyper-threading.
Intel knows this technique best. That may explain why MKL yields better performance
than Goto's lib. Unfortunately, I failed to use MKL6.1 together with all versions of ifc.
Sometimes it's due to compilation error, sometimes run-time error as I said in my original
thread.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I'll give up digging out the last bit of performance and
start to work with WIEN2k!

Sincerely,
Yiyang