[Wien] No w2web interface

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 31 09:10:53 CEST 2004

w2web has nothing to do with fortran. Thus   ifc,mkl,.. is not important.

w2web requires perl version 5 or higher.
execute    perl -v   to check your perl

is your hostname really    "localhost"   !!!???

execute   hostname -f    what does it give ?
if not, remove the ~/.w2web directory and try again, this time providing
the proper hostname of your system.
(on some systems hostname -f does not work and you must remove the "-f" switch
in the sources (grep for hostname in all files, I think it appears twice).

Your two emails tell us different things:

What happens if you start   w2web ?

First you said "everything worked",
you could connect with your www-browser to localhost:xxxx ?, were asked for
username/password and only then:   blank page.

Now you said: w2web: it gives only this one line below and "won't start"

How should we debug this ?? Please be systematic.

For instance:    install w2web again on the computer where it works and
also where it does not work. Save all the screen output and messages and
compare them...