[Wien] undefined function calls when linking to BLAS/LAPACK

kjharris kjharris at ualberta.ca
Fri May 14 20:37:11 CEST 2004

The linker options you have below point at both the ATLAS libs you compiled
and at the slow, unoptimized liblapack_lapw.a located in <WIEN_ROOT>/SRC_lib.
Could you check and see if it compiles w/o this to see if it works with a
compiled ATLAS version.

also, I believe atlas defaults to -nofor_main when it sees you trying to
compile with the intel fortran compiler

I think you may be taking the right approach though, I only read the first
part of the intel-gcc compatibility white paper but after your email, I looked
farther on and realized that binary compatibility only applies to C code , not
Fortran.  I had originally compiled ATLAS with icc/g77 because the webpage
notes that only interface routines are actually compiled in fortran. I am
currently attempting to compile ATLAS with the intel fortan compiler to see if
this gets me anywhere.

also, I just noticed a note on the ATLAS site that says order of libraries
linked in is important (this does not solve my problem however)

p.s., I can't figure out what the -Vaxlib option is for, anyone know?