[Wien] Error in fine grained run_lapw

Nandan Tandon nandan at physics.unipune.ernet.in
Sat May 22 18:56:45 CEST 2004

Dear Wien ML,

I get an error while running fine grained version of run_lapw.
the program crashes in the first iteration itself in lapw0 with error msg
in lapw0.error as:
**  Error in Parallel lapw0
**  lapw0 STOPPED at Sat May 22 22:10:39 IST 2004
**  check ERROR FILES!

On the screen the following message is printed:
cat: No match.

My .machines file looks like:
lapw0:altix:4
1:altix:4
1:altix:4

where altix is the name of the machine on which i want to use 4
processors.

If i start: x lapw0 -p
for the same .machines file then the output on the screen is:

starting parallel lapw0 at Sat May 22 22:17:20 IST 2004
-------- .machine1 : 4 processors
altix:4
--------
**  lapw0 crashed!
cat: No match.

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions for the problem.

Nandan Tandon.

Nandan Tandon
Research Student
Department of Physics,
University of Pune
Pune-411007                             Tel.(O)5692678 ext 426
MAHARASHTRA, INDIA.