[Wien] x spaghetti

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 4 07:30:14 CET 2004

>  I encountered the following error message during x spaghetti:
>
> ERROR in comprel: cannot find com.rel
>
> Before that, the SCF cycles ran fine, and so did x lapw -band.

Probably connected with  "irrep".

a) Easy solution:    rm  *.irrep*

b) Why does it happen ?
   i) You have an irrep file from a previous calculation (eg. you run with
      a certain k-mesh (including irrep, than changed the k-mesh, but
      did not rerun irrep
   ii) You have a case with non-symmorphic sym.ops. Irrep is not ready for
       such a case.
   iii) There's a problem in spaghetti. Testing all possible
       compatibilites (symmetry-connections from a BZ-line to a
       BZ-endpoint) is not easy, and there might be a bug.
       If you think this is the reason, I would need struct, vsp, k-mesh
       files for debugging.