[Wien] ELNES (complex case)

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Thu Nov 4 13:41:36 CET 2004

Necessary steps :

* in SRC_lapw2/modules.F : change lxdos to 3.  Recompile lapw2 *and* lapw2c (do make clean first, if necessary) and copy them to $WIENROOT
* in SRC_tetra/param.inc : change lxdos to 3.  Recompile tetra and copy it to $WIENROOT

Now to do an H calculation, you must
* change isplit to 99 (only for the atom you want the spectrum of)
* remove all symmetry from the k-list (i.e., copy case.struct to another directory, set the number of symmetry operations to 0 (or 1 - the identity won't hurt ;-)), run kgen with the same total number of k-points as before, and then copy case.kgen and case.klist back to the original folder)
* run lapw1
* run lapw2 -qtl
* run initelnes, tetra, telnes.

This is a procedure which takes a lot of time.  We are working on it ; in the near future you'll be able to calculate H spectra without all this rubbish.

My guess : you recompiled lapw2 but not lapw2c ??

good luck,

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics