[Wien] Endless cycle in complex calculation

Shu Miao shu at its.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 10 20:20:43 CET 2004

Dear Wien users,
My material contains 12 atoms (3 Li, 3 Mn, 6 O) in one unit cell. There is
no inversion centre, so Wien2k runs complex calculation. The mixing factor
is changed to 0.05 to increase the convergence rate. During the SCF
iterations, the first 80 cycles finished very fast (each one took about 15
minutes since I use parallel calculation). However, in the 81st cycle,
the lapw2cpara -c seems to be endless. It has already taken 24 hours and
is still running. Is it  normal for so long? I think there is something
wrong but don't where it is. Please give me some clues to determine or
solve it. I can post the files if you need.

Many thanks

Shu Miao