[Wien] Endless cycle in complex calculation

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Wed Nov 10 23:17:58 CET 2004

Is it actually doing something or just hanging?  (check with top or ps to see the % of CPU it is using).

Just a guess :
go into the working directory and do
rm .lock*

If that doesn't help : just kill lapw2para.
Check its output files : perhaps they look allright (this happens rarely, that all the remote parallel jobs have finished, but the main script somehow fails to finish).  In that case -  but only if you are sure - you can continue the calculation (run -s lcore).

If you are not sure (and anyway, why take the risk since your calculation is normally so fast?) : kill it, and restart from lapw2 (rm .lock*, run -s lapw2).

Does this help you?

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics