[Wien] first run wien2k_4 problem

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Tue Nov 23 22:48:25 CET 2004

No, you have not compiled the wiencode ;-).

***  Can I assume (from 'error in lapw1') that you ran initialization and lapw0 without problems?  If so, then you probably have a compilation error in lapw1.

Go into $WIENROOT/SRC_lapw1.  Does it contain executables lapw1(c)?   And look at compile.msg and try to find any errors.

*** If you cannot run anything, then somehow, the script siteconfig has not worked.
Have you paid attention to its output?  Did it complain?
Run it again, try to compile everything (or start with just lapw1).
Do you see compilation errors?
Do the SRC_*/compile.msg files contain anything?
Do the SRC_*/Makefile look reasonable (only the first lines with compiler options)?
Do the SRC_* directories contain executables?

What does $WIENROOT contain?  Nothing?  Only scripts?  Some executables?

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics

UA - Universiteit Antwerpen