[Wien] How to prevent parallel runs ?

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 30 14:28:05 CET 2004

Hello,

if I remember correctly, w2web is a collection of perl scripts, and thus
you can change the scripts to submit the runsp_lapw (etc.) scripts to
the queue with whatever standard submit commands you have in your
particular system (batch, submit, sub, etc.).

Otherwise, contact the author (J. Luitz) for help.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

fecher wrote:
> How can I prevent easiest that w2web starts another scf calculation if one one
> is already running ?
> In principle I like to make a set-up where Wien is running only through the
> batch qeue for all users, to prevent that several users fight about the
> resources.
>
> The configuration inside the w2web shell allows the execution type batch, but
> this is then per user.
>
> Thanks Gerhard

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/