[Wien] How to prevent parallel runs ?

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 30 15:20:05 CET 2004

> The configuration inside the w2web shell allows the execution type batch, but
> this is then per user.

w2web allows simple configurations of "execution types".

Click on

Configuration

and specify your desired job submission system

As default, we supply the Unix   batch command, and the execution type is also
called   batch

You can easily implement your own commands or use a queuing system like:

pbs=cat pbs-template %f | qsub

or similar.

If you do not have a queuing system, you need to write some Unix-script.
It could eg. check with ps -ef |grep _lapw  check if a runXX_lapw script
is already running, then sleep for 60 seconds and then recheck and
release the scf job only after no other *_lapw job is running.

Regards