[Wien] cannot run benchmark sample

Wu, Lijun ljwu at bnl.gov
Fri Oct 8 23:17:29 CEST 2004

Dear wien users:

I have recently installed wien2k at Dell8300 computer (P4 3.4GHz, 1GB
memory, with Redhat Fedora core 2.0). I used intel ifort 8.1 and mkl 7.0 to
compile the wien2k. The compilation looks successful (no error) with a few
warning.

The following are the warning message in SRC_lapw1/compile.msg:

pzher2m.o -L../SRC_lib -L/opt/intel/mkl60/lib/32 -Vaxlib -static
-lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread
/opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libifcore.a(for_open_proc.o)(.text+0x37dc): In function
`for__compute_filename':
: warning: Using 'getpwnam' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libifcore.a(for_open_proc.o)(.text+0x38bf): In function
`for__compute_filename':
: warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

I can run TiC case. However, when I download the benchmark sample and run "x
lapw1 -c", it showed error message "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". Could
you tell me what's wrong and how to solve it?

L. Wu