[Wien] wien in parallel

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Oct 13 08:18:22 CEST 2004

Dear Travis,

yes, there are experiences with MPI, but for all situations where you
have more than one k-point, MPI is pointless and slower than doing the
parallelization via the shellscripts run[sp]_lapw. Just because it is a
"nice" feature from a system administrators point of view (to justify
expenses, etc.), it is not necessarily what one wants...

Maybe someone else (with experience in MPI) can supplement this comment?

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.