[Wien] RE: thanks

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Sat Oct 9 10:24:26 CEST 2004

So, in your previous mail, the problem was just that old files were still around, and because you changed case.struct without updating case.inst (this is the input file for lstart, and it is written again by giving the command instgen), there were problems.

About the new questions : please be more specific!

* what is 'a pretty long time'?  For which rkmax and k-mesh?
The YbCo7 is not that large - 8 atoms and a 7*7*20 unit cell.  It will definitely be slower than the TiO2 of the wien manual, but it shouldn't take hours and hours (of course, if you have rkmax 12 and 10000 k-points, any system may take hours ...)
* What fatal errors?  At which stage of the program?  Any error messages?

Which version of the code are you using?

Kevin Jorissen

EMAT - Electron Microscopy for Materials Science   (http://webhost.ua.ac.be/emat/)
Dept. of Physics

UA - Universiteit Antwerpen