[Wien] cannot run benchmark sample

pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Oct 9 23:39:07 CEST 2004

Dear Wu Lijun,

I use ifort 8.0 but for that version I remember that there were some notes in
intels installation notes about large stack sizes allocated by the compiler if
appropriate. There was some coment that this might lead to system dumps with
certain linux distributions. One way mentioned there to circumvent the problem
was to avoid static linking, so you might try that. Sorry for not being able to
give more specific advice but this looks to me like a problem related closely
to earlier discussions of ifort 8.0 in this list, and to the "known issues"
discussed in intels release notes.

Good look anayway, Martin Pieper