[Wien] Final State effects in core-levels

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Mon Sep 13 16:11:03 CEST 2004

Hello

When I do final state effect calculations for Wien2k I always use Slater
transition states (remove half an electron and add it back in mixer). Today,
my supervisor asked me whether this is the only method available in Wien,
and also how it compares to various other techniques that are used for other
packages like changing the psuedo potential. If someone could answer this or
possibly point me to some references. Also are the any types of system in
which Slater transition states are not a good approximation to final states.

Thanks

Michael Gurnett