[Wien] lapw2para crashing

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 13 17:04:06 CEST 2004

> If I batch (at command) a parallel job using one of my nodes as the prime
> lapw2para is crashing, failing on the first testerror (about line 199),
> the one after the "FERMI" section. However, if I run it online or in the
> background (&) it works fine. Any suggestions?

Do you have a non-zero error file afterwards ? (lse)

If not, most likely some delay with NFS occurs and at the time of the test
the slow NFS system tells that the error file is not empty, while a few
seconds later it is.

try to put a    ls -als *error
and             sleep $sleepy
with a suitable sleepy before  this testerror.