[Wien] supercomputer

Hamid Alaa Hamid.Alaa at s.bk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri Sep 17 11:58:06 CEST 2004

Dear Wiens

 I'm a new Wien2K user and I have three main questions

First; I have succeeded in installing the Wien2K on a P4 system with 2.2GHz
and 1.2GB Ram. However the speed of analysis is not quite enough.

Is it possible that wien2K- package work on a supercomputer?.

Supercomputer is Fujitsu VPP5000/80PE system, vector and parallel
processors.

Supercomputer is not support the Linux, but is based on UNIX System 5
Release 4 system.

The compilers are; Fujitsu Fortran77,90,95; and Fujitsu C++.

The Parallel Library and tools

DPCE (parallel tool for C language);

HPF; MPI; MPTools; PVM

Numerical Library

BLAS/VP   (BLAS library for vector program)

LAPACK/VP; ScaLAPACK; C-SSL2 II/VP; SSL II/HPF; SSL II/VP; SSL II/VPP

Second; how can I calculate the formation energy of Oxygen vacancy in SrTiO3
bulk. using the Wien2K ?

regards

Alaa Hamid