[Wien] Problems with ifort8.1

Jiajun Gu gujiajun at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Apr 5 07:19:28 CEST 2005

Dear Wien users,

I am a new user of this code and am now directly using the executables downloaded from the Wien2k download page.

I try to optimize my system by installing intel ifort8.1(l_fc_pc_8.1.024) and mkl7.0(l_mkl_p_7.0.017) on my PC(Intel 3.4G, using Linux Redhat 9.0, core 2.4.20-8smp. The ifort and mkl are successfully installed at /opt/intel...).

However, when I execute "./siteconfig_lapw", "specify a system(S)", "Linux complier ifort8.1+mkl7.0(J)", it says that "At present static executables are not possible for the present ifort8.1 version. You must have proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH on all your machines." After I finished the setting, I couldn\'t even execute the "x nn" command (It is said that "Command not found".)

I have studied the documents and the contents on the www.wien2k.at site. I am really still confusing about this trouble. I was wondering that could anyone possibly be so kind as to give me some helpful advice dealing with it? I would like appreciate you greatly in advance!

Best regards,

J.-J. Gu

State Key Lab of MMCs,
Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.