[Wien] undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memset

arash fathi a_fathi156 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 07:31:40 CEST 2005

Dear all,
I am using RedHat 9 + Intel_fc_8.0 + mkl7.
I have compiled wien2k_05.3 with no error employing
the following recommended libraries for my system:

                Recommended options for system
linuxif8 are:
Compiler options:        -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80
-pad -ip -DINTEL_VML
Linker Flags:            -L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32
-Vaxlib -static-libcxa -pthread
Preprocessor flags:      '-DParallel'
R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32
-lguide

However, I got an ERROR IN LAPW1 as follows:
LAPW0 END
/usr/local/codes/wien2k/v05.3/test/lapw1: relocation
error: /opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libguide.so: undefined
symbol: _intel_fast_memset

I could fix my problem changing the above recommended
options to the follwoing settings:
   Current settings:
     O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp -w
     L   Linker Flags:            -L../SRC_lib
-L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32 -Vaxlib -static
     P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
     R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack
-lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread

With the use of this current settings I could run many
cases using the latest version of the WIEN2k code.

I will be thankful to everyone who could explain the
problem in the former case for us.

Regards,
A. Fathi.